Monday, September 29, 2008

Everything...

(Thursday, September 25th)

I'm listening to "everything" by Lifehouse. It is beautiful. And to remember last night's skit still sends shivers down my back. I can't think about it very much or i start crying, it's just that powerful. And i don't want to get my blog post wet :-P So instead, i'll remember tonight. Mm that was fun. We played Hide-and-seek, some friends and i. It was great fun pretending we were little kids again. i'd forgotten how much fun it was. How much fun it was to crouch behind a stack of chairs grinning from ear to ear and watch your friend look around for you and know he can't find you. It's great fun to run through the hall breathless with your best buddy running away from "the other kids". It's great fun to jump out from where you're hiding and freak out a girl! The look on Bj's face was priceless :-P It's great fun to forget, forget about life's problems and responsibilities and just have... fun.

I just took a long pause in the writing of this to savor that time, to think on God's goodness, and this amazing song i'm listening to still. I'm going to sit and remember for a while. Remembering God's goodness, and good times with good friends, tonight, and years ago. I will sit for a while.

________________


Everything
Lifehouse

Find Me Here
Speak To Me
I want to feel you
I need to hear you
You are the light
That's leading me
To the place where I find peace again.

You are the strength, that keeps me walking.
You are the hope, that keeps me trusting.
You are the light to my soul.
You are my purpose...you're everything.

How can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?

You calm the storms, and you give me rest.
You hold me in your hands, you won't let me fall.
You steal my heart, and you take my breath away.
Would you take me in? Take me deeper now?


How can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?
And how can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?

Cause you're all I want, You're all I need
You're everything,everything
You're all I want your all I need
You're everything, everything.
You're all I want you're all I need.
You're everything, everything
You're all I want you're all I need, you're everything, everything.

And How can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?
How can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?

How can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?

Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?

________________

How can i stand here with You
And not be moved by You?!?

How, Lord?!?!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post!

Joy. said...

hahaha i'm glad you liked my face nathan..
that sounds weird... but you know what i mean..
I can't say that i liked you scaring me to death..

but anywho..
I LOVE that song.. i mean really LOVE it.

Nathan said...

Hahaha yeah it was pretty hilarious, that also sounded wrong, but we know what we mean :-P Hahaha well i'm sorry i just couldn't resist - you were saying something like "It's always so fun to jump out from behind somewhere and scare someone" And i just had to :-P Yesss this song is incredible!! It's actually a secular song, if you can believe it! It's influenced more people to the gospel than any other song in the past decades though. Ironic huh?!

Emily said...

lol, awesome nathan, awesome!

Unknown said...

oh, nathan, i guess i should mention something. you know me as adam davis... lol. i was probably freaking you out there for a minute - sorry, my bad.

Unknown said...

i wonder how it's possible that this song 'influenced people to the gospel?' it doesn't even mention the gospel, or for that matter, jesus or even god. not to bash your song, but that phrase reminds me of some ting that have been going through my head recently. we're studying wwi right now, and propaganda was a big part of that. we were supposed to look up the definition of propaganda, and it said something along the lines of 'material used to influence people's thoughts.' i think that the church today uses lots of propaganda, mostly in the form of music or just ramped up emotions. something i read in the screwtape letters last night reminded me of that as well. the devil, screwtape, writes to his nephew, a devil-in-training:
"One of their poets, Coleridge, has recorded that he did not pray "with moving lips and bended knees" but merely "composed his spirit to love" and indulged "a sense of supplication." That exactly the sort of prayer we [the devils] want... Keep them watching their own minds and trying to produce feelings there by the action of their own wills."

Nathan said...

Hahaha hey Adam! Yeah man you did have me wondering who the heck you were :-P I see this fella named "Crispin" commenting on mine and emily's blogs and i'm like "???" lol but it all makes sense now. Wow that's exactly how i've been feeling lately, i want to have true prayer, and not that "sense of supplication" Thanks for quoting that passage by Mr Lewis, that really sums it up.

Emily said...

lol, yeah, adam is just like my stalker :P

But, yeah, very good point, Adam. For all we know, that song could be singing about some guy's girlfriend, or he could be singing about some random cow that he worships(lol). For Christians, who know what the song is about, it can be a great thing. For non-Christians, I can see how it can be confusing.

that is why in the christian music industry, I really like music that is unmistakeably Christian. That way there is no questions. That said, I don't like have anything against this song or lifehouse.

And definitely, it's easy for some people to be all emotional 'worshiping God', when it's really for emotional pleasure...and they might not even know that. And same with prayer. That said, there is nothing wrong with worshiping God and being emotional, there is a reason why the Bible says to worship with all your 'heart, soul and mind'.

Great points, guys!

Nathan said...

Hahaha yeah that's what i was thinking :-P

Wow well said, Emily! I'm with you there, i'm so tired of all that dribble that is so wishy-washy. That's why i'm producing my own :-P I'm putting together a lot of people to be "studio musicians" and i'm going to produce an album, to be finished in 8 months!! Hopefully it will help fight lyrical monotony and ambiguousness, and will be a truly incredible listening experience musically. That's what i'm hoping and praying it will be anyway :-P

I think it's easy for everybody to be that way. We all want to have that "God-sized hole" filled, and so we try to fill it ourselves with our emotional experiences that we mistake FOR God. It doesn't quite fit, though :-P

Emily said...

lol!

That's probably my biggest pet peeve with music. Artists that are like double personality....one side of them trying to please the world, while the other side of them wants to please God. Well, I don't know how long it's going to take for them to figure out that it's impossible to do both. I'd much rather be listening to non-Christian music rather than the so called 'Christian artists' that are in-between and wishy-washy. Good morals and nice lyrics, aren't going to cut it for me.

That sounds really cool Nathan! I would offer to help, but unfortunately, I'm not exactly musicly talented, to put it nicely :P

Exactly.....