Thursday, February 26, 2009

Apathy Parade

This is a first. I don't want to go to class today. I'm talking about my Audio Engineering class. Somebody check my temperature, get me to a hospital. I MUST be sick. I feel fine. But i just, don't, want to go! I don't want to do anything. I just want it to be tomorrow night. And then i want it to be 19 days from now. Because in 19 days i get my license. That's gonna be a great day. I'll be able to do so much more, get a job, drive friends places, not have to ask for rides, start construction on the studio, take wayyy more classes, go for spontaneous road trips, go to friend's houses, hang out with more people, meet folks for lunch, and so much more..... i've been counting down since 6 months ago... i'm so ready. If life had gone as expected i'd have already had it for a year and a half already... but it never goes right does it? That's life.

I'm sitting here very bored. I have homework to do. But who wants to do that? Yes i'm procrastinating. And talking in short sentences. Because i don't really want to talk to anybody right now. So i'm not saying much. I don't really know what's going on with me - i feel good, i have so much reason to be happy. But i'm not. I think it's just early. Once Zach comes back and we hit Bojangles i'm sure i'll be doing great, and i'll be happy in class when we FINALLY go to the studio (hopefully). After class i gotta rush home to drive my Mom all the way to the other side of Matthews for a docters appointment, and then tonight i hope i'm doing something amazing - i'll either try to go to frisbee or go to Ying's. Hopefully the latter - i want to chill with good friends.

I've decided to not have loud music tomorrow night. I'm sure that makes yall happy =P It's just too much, and it cuts down on fellowship. Some of yall will have to join me one time at the church just us where i'll boost the sound to 115db, and we'll REALLY rock out =P But... youth group is not the place for it. By the way, i am taking suggestions on the playlist. Anything Christian is fine. I put my foot down over mamby Christian music. That stuff makes me angry and i'm gonna stop talking about it because i'm already a little bit peeved for some reason already... Well i guess i have nothing else to say - happier post coming later :-D

___

6 comments:

Emily said...

I'll be praying that your day gets more happy =) I know how you feel about getting your license...I have a little over 4 months to wait. It'll be quite fun when I get it =D

I'm gonna be in Matthews this afternoon too =)

I think you should do something beachy tomorrow night(I'm so ready for summer!). That would be fun. What is your def. of 'mamby Christian music'? lol

Nathan said...

ThankS emily :-) It did already :-D

Wow where at? I'll be up at Dr Speights office. If i had my license, we could hang out while i'm waiting for my mom... See there's yet another reason i can't wait to get my licence!

PERFECT! I'm gonna set up a playlist tonight - CCR, CSNY, Beattles, and Beach Boys :-) Any particular ones you're thinking of?

Emily said...

I'm not really sure...I think just generally running errands around there. Oh...that's weird...I've been to Dr. Speight a few times! He's awesome! Exactly ;)

Doesn't it have to be Christian? I I just found this cool(Christian) band called 'Olivia the Band'. They're sorta fun and beachy...they're from Hawaii =)

morgan joy said...

I have some requests...
Above the Golden State
Group 1 Crew
Hawk Nelson
Starfield
are some of my faves! so if you feel like playing some of those sometime thatd be great. :D but whatever... any music is great!

Emily said...

Oh yes...Above the Golden State would be fun! It's slightly beachy....

Mark Hartwick said...

Weird coincidence. I'm going to be in Matthews this afternoon too, at Levine Campus.