Wednesday, February 25, 2009

__insert great title here__

Well i went almost nowhere today, i just stayed home and then went to the grocery store for a few minutes this evening. I think this is the first time i've pretty much stayed home in like weeks, if not months!! Usually my day consists of waking up, taking care of school and home stuff for a bit, then driving my Dad around wherever he needs to go, which usually takes us from the other side of Pineville all the way to Kannapolis, and everywhere in between, then coming back home and going to spend time with friends, going to church, or doing a variety of other random things haha. I've got class all day tomorrow, which i can't wait for, and then i have no clue what i'm doing tomorrow night - maybe going to Ying's? Hopefully :-) I don't know why i'm boring you with all this stuff, i just kinda feel like writing now. Problem is i have absolutely no clue what to write about!!

....

Oh - Youth group is friday!!! This is our all-game/hangout time, which is going to be amazing!! I'm thinking i'm going to have some wonderful conversations with all of my wonderful friends :-) This really makes me happy!!! I absolutely can't wait :-)

I wrote yet another song today.. haha no lyrics as of yet, i just wrote a guitar and piano verse which i think sounds incredible. I also wrote a chorus and prechorus, but i'm having trouble justifying the parts in one song. So i've just been looping the verse, and freestyling some lyrics. Problem is, i'm happy, which means i have nothing to write about =P I SO want to write about the amazing things of God, but i have absolutely no idea where to even start!! I can't pick just one topic, so my songs about Him always turn out to be "God, you're so wonderful, i love You, i praise You, i thank You, Yeah" haha =P Well i've just got to work on my communing with God, and, maybe, He'll give me the words to say.

You know, i've been reading some of yall's blogs about wanting to be more like Him, and i've really been meditating on that these past few days. See i have such a hunger and passion to be more like Jesus, and to let His light shine through me, but i have so much indwelling ongoing sin that sometimes i'm almost ashamed to call myself a Christian, because i'm so like the World- it's scary. But yet i know that through Him i can do so much for His kingdom, and i will NOT be bogged down in self-condemnation to where i am an ineffective servant!! I am going to press forward, seeking Him. Lord i want Your light to shine through me....

Well i guess i found stuff to write about =P

___

1 comment:

Emily said...

haha, wow. I'm at home like almost every day. But this is by choice. Because I'd rather be home than out running errands.

I can't wait for youth. Yeah, I'm sure I'll be there now =)

I know what you mean about songwriting. I can tell when I'm trying to write on my own....it just doesn't turn out. But when God is in my work and He's inspiring me, I can write a whole song in like 10 minutes. And it's amazing.

I hope you're encouraged and not discouraged! 'Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus' Romans 8:1 I see God in you in your friendliness and cheerful attitude every Sunday. =)