Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Fade away...

I see her face in the crowd as she turns away
Across the room, veiled in shades of grey
As time slows down, i'm wondering
Of chances gone and faded smiles
Lost in the silence of a thousand words
caught in the stillness of so much to say
my mind goes back to how we felt that day
I see you laugh then watch you fade away

Time ticks by
Going nowhere fast
Our lives are lived but the dreams have passed
Things aint changed but we keep holding on
to what we wished were true
And after all we say and do
We're still going nowhere fast

I see her face in the crowd as I turn away...

That's a new song i'm writing. I'm working on recording a demo right now... the guitar is so mournful, the melody alone would make you cry... i wrote this several days ago... let me know if you like it

__

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

well u know my opinion...and the guitar was so good,,but yet so saddening.:( i love it nathan! keep up the good writing skills haha

Emily said...

awesome, Nathan. It's sad, but good! Just curious, does this song have an inspiration?

Wesley said...

No offense, but this sounds a little like "This Unopened Letter"... just a few lines do. It sounds amazing, though, because it is different. As I said, no offense. =P

I can't wait to hear it! I can't wait to show you my song entitled "Sister." =)

Unknown said...

it sounds really good...i have a poem very similar

Nathan said...

Thanks guys. Well Emily it does, one from years ago, one from very recently... i can't share it here though... Haha yeah it's the same basic idea behind the song, Wes, but everything's different about it. Like you said, Hayley, the guitar is very saddening. Yeah Wes i can't wait to hear your new song!!

Emily said...

I understand. I was just curious ;)