Friday, February 6, 2009

I have no clue

But i want to post. This is going to be a total waste of your time reading this, as it is mine in writing. Oh well here goes anyway...

Life hasn't slowed down. it just keeps coming at me faster than before... good and bad... i can't really tell which is more - the good or the bad. When i look at all the bad, i get overwhelmed. Yet, when i look at the good, i'm equally overwhelmed. Right now i'm just trying to get my life in order and fulfill my responsibilities. But... i've got so much going on and getting worked out for me it's hard just to stay sane sometimes... but here i go, pressing on. Everything going on -from studio construction to high school, from intensive job searching to Audio Engineering class, from family matters to friend's troubles, from personal trials and private problems to many many errands, and anywhere and everwhere in between- seems to hit me at various times, spontaneously and rapidly. So much is good, so much is bad, but one thing i know is, it's certainly been and is definitely going to be.. interesting. Lord knows what He has for me - he just seems to tell me all of a sudden. My only option is to trust in what He has for me.

One other thing that's been happening - i'm feeling like God is starting to show me His long term plan in my life. He's withholding the short term, but i keep getting glimpses of what i believe is the long-term Big Picture for me... I seem to be noticing that one of my passions, and what i thought i would be doing for the rest of my life, Graphic Design, is not working out - every single time i try to pursue that career path, in the classes that i take, in the jobs i apply for, in almost every conceivable way relating to it, i find a closed door. On the other hand... for the past years i've had an interest in audio engineering, music production, acoustics engineering, and sound recording. Never really more than an interest, though. This was what both of my parent's had for careers. No offense to them, but i had no interest in following in their footsteps. Well with the advent of the Awake Project, i discovered that i needed to know a LOT more about audio engineering... Well then... doors started opening for me. I got into the best class i have ever had the privelege to be in - Audio Engineering 1 at Central Campus. I discovered a deep love for everything related to this field!! I don't think i've ever been excited about anything as much as i am now for this field... I have an idea it's not going to fade away, either. Since i started this semester i have seen so many doors open relating to this, concerning the Awake Project (I believe Matt, Adam, and especially Wesley will attest to this) concerning my own personal musical ventures, concerning job choice, concerning personal connections, and concerning a thousand other things related to this field. For the first time i believe i'm getting a life plan, one that will actually allow me to do something good for the Lord, and one that will put bread on the table for my family. I'm really seeing God's hand in this. I just thought i'd share that with yall :-)

Well this post actually turned out to be worthwhile, at least for me. =P

--

3 comments:

Wesley said...

It was definitely worthwhile for me. I didn't learn anything new, though... you already told me everything over the phone. =P But I still have to agree with you, that God is opening doors for you in the area of audio engineering. Let's just pray that he keeps doing so.

Hey, random question... do you want to enter the PFO song contest with me? We could use the $500 toward AMP. Just a thought. =P

Unknown said...

Hey Nate! I know what you mean about life coming fast and hard. And trust me it keeps coming! That's awesome that God is showing you what you need to do!

Just some advice, don't know if this is related to any of this but,always be patient, trust God, and pray for wisdom. Trust me. Being patient, trusting God and asking Him for wisdom has been hard, but He's always given me the grace to wait for Him & His timing. You may not know what to do next or where to turn, but in His perfect time He will show you the way.

"Pro 3:21 My son, do not lose sight of these-- keep sound wisdom and discretion,
Pro 3:22 and they will be life for your soul and adornment for your neck.
Pro 3:23 Then you will walk on your way securely, and your foot will not stumble." ESV

"Pro 2:6 It is the LORD who gives wisdom; from him come knowledge and understanding.
Pro 2:7 He provides help and protection for those who are righteous and honest.
Pro 2:8 He protects those who treat others fairly, and guards those who are devoted to him.
Pro 2:9 If you listen to me, you will know what is right, just, and fair. You will know what you should do.
Pro 2:10 You will become wise, and your knowledge will give you pleasure.
Pro 2:11 Your insight and understanding will protect you
Pro 2:12 and prevent you from doing the wrong thing...." GNB

Emily said...

That's really cool Nathan. I'm glad you're discovering what God might have for me! I've gone through that recently too =)

It's it awesome to realize that God is in control and He has every little detail worked out?

I'll be praying for your continued peace in God's plans =D See you tomorrow!