Friday, November 20, 2009

A Promise Fulfilled

No not the movie or novel. I promised Em a while back that i would post a post on my dear old blog. Well here i am, with a ton of stuff to say, but not much that would keep either you or me interested and/or entertained. So i'm gonna do just a freeflow of stuff that comes to my head, and just enjoy myself. You can enjoy yourself reading this or not, it's quite up to you i'm sure. Ok. So recently i've been unable to make my Care Group on Wednesday nights because of studio sessions, so i've been searching for a new one for myself, one that i'll be able to attend, and one that i'll hopefully be able to grow with and contribute to. I visited the Elliott (two t's, i remembered!) Care Group this past sunday, and had a great time with the Harris's, Elliott's, and Decoste's (And Kacey =P) Great discussion, great fellowship, and let's not even start about the food! :-) And it was hilarious to see how animated all the girls got with Catchphrase =P I swear the decibel level was over 100 - and i had to protect myself with a pillow. I certainly saw quite another side of some of you =P =P *quick segway* These few months have been a blur for the band - we've been grueling over the EP, but through all the stress and times i want to absolutely tear my crazy hair out, we've been given much grace and this album is shaping up very very well :-D We have 3 tracks with absolutely flawless bass and drums, and one track that is almost ready for the album!! We'll be taking about a two-week break for thanksgiving, but after that things heat back up again and we'll be finishing up the sessions at Centipede Studios and moving on to the sessions at Abba Productions and Reflection Sound Studios. We've got some exciting things boiling on the horizon as well, so look forward to that. Anyway enough about that. I need a paying job people! Even as much as i freeload, being a broke recording artist requires a good share of the green stuff. With this economy too, the things i specialize in (music recording and production, graphic design, advertising, computer repair) are just not as in demand as they were a few years ago. I might find myself saying do you want fries with that here in a while if i can't find anything else. Even though i keep telling myself there's no shame in that (and there isn't, all you CFA employees =P =P) I still would like something a little more lucrative, as i need to help my family through this rough spot as well. It's all in God's plan, but if you could be part of God's plan and tell me any suggestions for employment, i'll say a prayer for you =P Anyway that's all the time i have folks, God bless and good night =P

__

3 comments:

Emily said...

Nathan Dowdy! You didn't not protect yourself with a pillow =P And were you really that surprised? I know, I know, we can be awesomely crazy =P

Matt said...

hahahaha I've had experience with that craziness you speak of :P Just about every movie meeting lol

Nathan said...

Hahaha i did so!! For about 15 seconds, and i mentioned it to Olivia, she'l stand as my witness =P Hahaha i bet so - Matt i never believed you until then =P