Thursday, November 26, 2009

What I'm thankful for.

Well it's that time of year again. I can't believe it's been a year since we took this time to give thanks- it seems like only yesterday. Now last year, and the year before that, and the year before that i believe, i set aside a little time to write up a little thank-you to some of the incredible wonderful people in my life, and this year is no different. So below i'm going to list some of the people that have enriched my life and been such a wonderful and undeserved blessing to me. (Don't be sad if you're not listed, i only have time to mention a few of you.)

My Family, including my Dad, Mom, Grandpa Chuck, Grandma Jill, both Uncle Scotts, all my cousins, Papa and Grandma Dowdy, and all the rest of you: I love all of you - a family is a wonderful blessing, and i have been blessed in excess! I wish i could see more of you more often! Mom and Dad, thank you both for constantly being "For me" and helping me fulfill my responsibilities as i get older. Wonderful parents like you are rare, and I'm so thankful for you.

The band. I'll take time to thank each of you members individually, but i wanted to take a moment to focus on you guys as a whole in this context. Guys, we've been through a lot together. From jumping a van in the pouring rain, to extremely stressful studio sessions, to sharing the pure joy of making great music, and everywhere else we've been and everything else we've done together, you guys have remained my great friends, even after all our trials and joys. I believe that now we're stronger then ever, brought together by all that we've experienced. I am thankful for all three of you and the work we are able to do.

My wonderful friends: (Not in order)

Emily. Your wisdom and Godliness far exceeds your years - i'm constantly getting your age wrong because of it =P You are such a dear sister, and you've helped me through so much in the past up till now with your sound Biblical advice and honest humble perspective. I thank God for you, Em :-)

Kira. Girl i love you. We really should've been brother and sister because you understand me so much better than anybody else... and i'm so, so sorry you're just like me. =P Haha you are amazing and wonderful and i hate that you live so far away!! I gotta watch how much i compliment you 'cause i'm basically patting myself on the back =P Anyway you're great and i love you. :-D All that stuff on your myspace about me obviously goes for you too, because we're twins :-) Haha i am so glad we met, you've shown me some scary scary things about myself, and i know it's the same for you =P I'm just gonna stop now because i don't think anybody else will understand. We are so weird. =P

Ying. Hahaha you are absolutely hilarious. We always have the most... interesting... conversations =P Ahaha... You've been a great friend for a good while now, and i know i can trust you with so much. You've certainly helped me become decidedly less "homeschooled" haha. You're so much fun to be around, and your compassion and encouragement is sometimes the only thing that keeps me smiling when i'm not doing so well :-) And you're awesome when you're hyper - i never know exactly what you're gonna say =P Your sheer randomness is awesome =P You're a dear friend, Ying :-)

Wesley. Man i've known you forever seems like... we've got so much in common, and you know me so well. It's amazing how we can go 13+ hours straight in the studio together doing nothing but sitting and mixing and i don't get tired of hanging out with you =P Man your taste in music is /just/ different from mine that you're always able to coax me just outside of my musical comfort zone to discover sounds that i would never have liked if you hadn't made me listen to them in the first place =P You're one of the only people i can actually talk geek to and not get the "blank look" =P I can't tell you how much And of course the fact that between the two of us we're always right is pretty doggone awesome =P You're a dear brother, a great colleague, and my best friend. I love you man =P

Matt. Dude you've said before that we know everything about each other - i really wouldn't doubt it! We've shared a lot this past year, and i know i for one i am so much better off with your friendship. It's also been wonderful to see you go from a decent drummer to an absolutely incredible and /confident/ drummer!! You're an unstoppable force my friend. I wish we got more time to just hang out, but i look forward to a lot of fun times in the future :-)

Adam. Man you annoy me so much sometimes. It's true. Hahaha and it's a /good/ thing! You constantly show me that being serious about work isn't always the best route (you've probably saved me from a bitter workahaulic's future =P) and to, even in the most stressful circumstances to always have a smile on your face and then do something crazy =P I've certainly had a chance to work on my own prideful impatience with you that's for sure =P It's been a wonderful pleasure to work with you and learn from you and your crazy off-kilter jokes, lead guitar style / musical tastes, and just general off-kilter personality. You've shown me by example that even in the worst times life is crazy good :-)

Morgan. I don't really know you all that well still really, but i have enjoyed getting to know you more this past year, and i certainly look forward to getting to know you better! We've shared some pretty great times together this past year with the bible study group and other events! You're a great Godly girl and a lot of fun to be around :-)

Cara. Last year this time, i don't think i knew you - certainly not as well as i do now. I've gained such a dear friend this past year in you :-) Times at the bible study group just hanging out with you and the others really stick in my mind as some of the most joyous times i can remember. You are a wonderful Christ-like young woman, and your sweet devotion to the things of God is truly inspiring. There's not a doubt in my mind that when i ask you to pray for me that you will. I thank God for our friendship :-)

Josiah G. Man the biggest thing about you that sticks out in my mind is all the wonderful Godly input you have brought to Amp. I shared with you in a message recently that we value your critiscism/encouragement more than you know, and i was being completely serious. Your friendship is also valued more than you know. Recently you were awarded the honor of the title Eagle Scout, and it is certainly well deserved... you are a strong, confident, Godly leader, and i look forward to all of the work we're going to do in the future together (although i can't share what it is here haha)

Marissa G. You are the most awesome waitress at Steak N' Shake. =P And you are just awesome all around :-) End of story! Haha. Seriously though. I value your friendship so much - you have such a heart for God, and your sweet compassion shows through in everything you do. You're certainly a picture of what a Godly young woman should be, and i've enjoyed getting to know you more this past year :-)

Josiah "Steve" Chacko. Man you're a walking Wikipedia =P Everything to know about everything you somehow have stored somewhere =P And you always have exactly the right information to give just the right spin on whatever we're discussing that never fails to knock me for a loop and give me a brand new perspective on the topic! You're a wonderful encouragement to me brother :-) I've really, really enjoyed getting to know you so well this past year!

Zach. Dude me n' you've been bestest buddies for i don't know how many years now. :-D I know that we were both into legos and linkin logs and the vintage Transformers when we first met though, that's how long it's been =P i've known you probably 12 years now i guess 0.o Give or take. Since then we've never stopped being bestest buds :-) I'm thankful that after all this time we still find the time for B'jangles as bi-weekly as we can get :-) Man the spring semester at CPCC was just magical =P I didn't think i could have so much fun at the campus Bojangles but somehow me and you managed to pull it off! I'm so thankful for your friendship.

Kailey and Darcy. Well our friendship is certainly better than it was a year ago that's for sure =P Haha, girls i've certainly gained two wonderful friends with you two!! It's been a joy to really get to know you both, instead of just knowing you like i did for years as just two other teens that go to Crossway... I really look forward to getting to know you both more in the future!!

Eric. Brother, we've gone through quite a lot since i've met you... Your brutal honesty has been such an aide to me over the years. So many times you forced me to be honest with myself over my true motives and desires, and at those times i couldn't be more angry with you.... after the dust settles and i look back, i realize that you've helped me back from the cliff's edge. I'm beginning to see even in the midst of those times what a selfless service you're doing for me... and brother i want you to know that i am so appreciative and thankful of it. You are a dear Godly brother in Christ to me man.

Lindsay. Hahahahahaha. <-- that pretty much sums you up =P haha your joy and zest for life is so contagious!! You are sooo much fun to just be around. Talking to you i just can't be depressed or sad in any way :-) Since you live so far away i haven't really been able to get to know you as well as i'd like, but i'm thankful for opportunities in the future!!

________

And that's just a few of the wonderful people in my life. There are many of you who, as i said above, i couldn't mention here, but have blessed me in innumerable other ways!! I thank God for each of you.

There are many other things i am thankful for, but i will not list them here because they are materialistic. True joy comes from fellowship shared with dear friends and family, and as i shared last year: "I know life would be so lacking, dull, empty, and lonely without all of yall's friendship" It certainly still holds true. I hope all of you have had a blessed Thanksgiving and have taken a moment to give glory to God for the wonderful people in your life.


____

2 comments:

Matt said...

you didn't get any comments on this?? what the heck?

well thanks :)

Nathan said...

haha, i got them all on facebook ;-) Your welcome!