Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A little ol' post

Nobody posts on their blogs anymore, me less than anyone. That's disappointing. I know we have so much to say, i talk to yall on the phone or in person and we always have a lot to say... are we all just so busy?? I guess that's the case for me. Ecxcept for right now. I have absolutely nothing to do for another hour i guess until i meet Ying at Dilworths :-) So i figured why not set a good example and post on my little old blog :-D

Well lately i've been thinking about how much i have to be thankful for. But, i haven't listed everything recently - i think that would be a good idea, even though i did this on thanksgiving. I've said a lot of these, so i'll just keep each item short and sweet.

God!
my wonderful family.
my dear, dear friends!
a car with gas in it :-)
my licence :-) I love that freedom...
coffee at dillworths, and that amazing carrot-raison muffin :-D
the AWAKE MUSIC PROJECT!!!
youth group :-) 
new friends
tennis! And in-depth sweet conversations while nailing tennis balls into the netting :-)
facebook! and the ability to know when to get off :-)
my beater of an acoustic guitar :-D :-D that beautiful piece of junk has seen so much use and abuse =P
my amazing amazing electric guitar! I just don't feel like me without it slung around my neck :-)
frisbee! Otherwise known as an excuse to get a bunch of friends together =P
Purevolume, Myspace, and Facebook fan pages, where AMP can be heard and get advertised for free!!
the excitement of playing live shows, and getting ready for the next one :-)
audio engineering class :-)
lunch with Zach each thursday at Bojangles!!
my internship with engineer Robert McClure, one of the elite audio engineers in the south :-)
Thursday worship practice, and the ability to run the sound board :-)
church sunday morning!
sweet sweet songs like Captivated by Vicky Beeching, which i'm listening to right now :-)
little things, like the feeling of sitting inside playing guitar on a rainy day
my phone, which has been extablished as the thing i can't live without, and my computer!
the amazing shows on Fox, which have provided many enjoyable times with my dad and just by myself on a late night.
band meetings in the sweigart's basement :-)
AMP general meetings in the Davis's creepy basement =P
My voice! I'm so happy that i can sing well :-) (and just a tip - NEVER tell me to be quiet while i'm singing well - you wanna see me mad?? Just try that. C'mon. Try it.)
Singing and playing guitar with you girls :-) It's so wonderful to hear yall sing - i don't think i tell you that enough :-)
Being totally crazy at Youth Group and getting away with it =P =P (Like chasing Josiah through the parking lot yelling like a 5 year old!! =P)
The peace only found through God. Nothing like it, yall :-)
Praying with friends, and enjoying true fellowship as we ponder the awesomeness of God.
The ability to enjoy music, especially that played by friends.
That creative spark that happens when experienced, talented musicians get together to play music, and the wonderfylly humbling opportunity i have to channel that into something truly inspirational and wonderful!

so, so much more...
and...
all the sweet sweet times with you wonderful friends... This is probably the most amazing blessing God has allowed me to enjoy. I love each and every one of you and the times we've shared. What a humbling joy to be able to share our lives with each other, for as short or as long as God allows it. Whenever i think of you friends i'm close to now i'm filled with such joy. And also what a deep sadness i feel as i think of you dear dear friends who i've lost over the years due to my own selfishness and pride.... i'm still bitterly angry with some of you for so many things... and most of them are all my fault. I've been thinking about this so much lately. I'm on the road a lot, and so sometimes i'll just turn off the music, roll up the windows, and sit in silence for a while. I miss you so much... But i praise God for bringing dear friends in my life to help me bear this, and i'm so happy to be able to share everything with you... So many of those things up there, like Dillworths, Bojangles, and tennis, i'm thankful for because of those opportunities to share life with you. What wonderful friends you are.

One last thing, i've been listening to this song a lot lately, and i think Emily said that it was the prayer of her life. Well, it's mine too, especially this line...

"May my life be one unbroken gaze, fixed upon the beauty of Your face!"

___

4 comments:

Emily said...

I haven't posted because I don't feel like I have anything to type. But I'll make a post...since you asked for it =P

Most of those are good things to love. What is AMP's myspace address?

Oh, so I see you do read my blog =P Yeah. That song is one of my life songs.... :)

Matt said...

the myspace is just www.myspace.com/awakemusicproject. we're still working on it though, so there isn't much there.

Matt said...

yeah Jennifer is amazing. Too bad she got crushed :(

Nathaniel G. said...

Great post Nathan, I agree God is so totally awesome!! =O

Oh come on, people don't think your voice is terrible, at least I don't. =D

I haven't been to Frisbee in a while, maybe I'll see about going again sometime soon. =/

Okaaay...yelling like a 5 year old at Josiah while chasing him across the parking lot...Yeah that's what I'd call being crazy. =D