Saturday, June 13, 2009

the Quest Award

Well, last night i was given the Quest Award for "Consistent demonstration of Christ Like Character". I say "given" because i know it's definitely not deserved or even merited. I can think of so many of you, namely Brandon, Wesley, Adam, Matt, (if yall went to the church) Eric, and so many others that are far more godly than i am... I wish they had been the ones to recieve this... so i want to do something. I want to point out a few of my dear friends who have been such an example to me, namely....

Wesley. My friend you have been such an example to me through all the years we've been friends. Your quiet strength has really kept me in line time after time, and you're never afraid to point out sin in my life, and even though you're a teenage guy too, you always make sure i watch my speed in driving =P Man i appreciate your friendship and godliness so, so much. There is so much i could share about your character, but we're so close i think you pretty much know what i would say :-) Love you much, brother.

Brandon. Man you're an unmovable rock for the Gospel. You're a picture of God's strength, even in your weakness. You will be an invaluable asset to God's kingdom in your life my friend, and i'm excited for everything God has for you as you pursue a life of serving others as an NA and otherwise!

Adam, Matt. I wanted to list yall together to encurage you both as brothers - it's such a wonderful thing to see the kind way you relate to each other, which is quite a rare thing nowadays for brothers so close in age. My friends you both show such enthusiasm for the things of God, and i don't know anybody else who can get everyone so fired up for God like you two can, just with your enthusiastic, warm, and kind personalities. I'm so excited to be working so closely with you two and Wesley in AMP - such a blessing.

Eric. My friend you have never been at a loss for words =P Sometimes that can be a very good thing, as you're never afraid to speak the truth, especially when it hurts. Sometimes you're the only one who dares to. Your pursuit of God above everything is encouraging and truly awesome. I'm always amazed how easy it seems for you to give up things i know you want in light of The Greater Things even though i know it must be as excrusciatingly difficult as it is for the rest of us. You are an excellent example.

Zach. Bro we've grown up together, shared so many wonderful times. You've matured into such a responsibly young man who i look up to :-) You've been an awesome older brother to me and i'm thankful for your friendship and example, and how you constantly strive for a higher standard of Godliness so unselfrighteously!!

Now for a few girls...

Melly. The award was well given to you, my friend :-D I want to add my encouragement to that of your parents, your caregroup leaders, and your other friends - everything they said was so true Melly! You are such a Godly young woman, exhibited in so many ways. What a blessing to have grown up with you sister :-D

Emily. I'm positive you've been lying to me about your age and you're really 18 or older =P How else could you be such an example of a Godly woman? Your quiet kindness, meekness, and true gentleness are exactly what a young woman should exhibit. Your organizational abilities, gifts of encouragement, compassion, and love for people will be used by God

Morgan. I don't really know you all that well still, but i know you have a heart for God and His work - it's demonstrated in your constant kindness and servitude! I've seen how you selflessly care for your little siblings without any complaint that i've seen, and i know God is pleased in that :-)

Keri. You've been through way too much for any girl to handle this year, and even though it has worn you down, it has not destroyed you. You rest on God constantly in your trials, and you always run to Him in your pain. You're a true example of a strong Godly woman and i have much enjoyed our friendship. Keep running to God, my friend.

Janelle. You're a great friend, and your meekness is demonstrated time and time again in your selfless service to your friends and your very large family =P You are a sweet, Godly gal and i can always see your extreme concern and love for people evident so much in you!

There are so many others i could talk about, Josiah, Garett, Mark, Marissa, Kailey, Ming, Samantha, to name just a few of you... i am so encouraged by each of your examples of how a Godly young man or woman should be, and i wish i could talk about all of you but Blogger and time simply won't let me! I think this has gotten vewwy vewwwy sappy but i just wanted to let you know how much i appreciate your Godly example :-D Love you much dear friends!

___

4 comments:

Emily said...

Nathan. Once again, a huge congrats on the award. I'm so happy for you brother. =D

I really have to echo and back up what you have said about a lot of our mutual friends. It's too bad the can only give two awards, because there are so many deserving people. =)

Oh, and thank you so much for your kindness and encouragement. I just wish everything you said about me was true. I feel so unlike how you described me....I feel so young, and so, well....I guess I feel like those are some of the things I try to be, yet never accomplish. But anyways, whether it's true or not, thank you :)

Matt said...

once again, congrats!

and thanks for that haha...I certainly don't feel like I'm that way either, but I guess no one ever realizes how other people see them

I agree with you about Emily. In fact Emily, I think you should win the award next year...

morgan joy said...

Nathan, you really totally deserve that award. :)

and thanks for the kind words about me!! :))

Nathaniel G. said...

Hey Nathan,

Look dude, even though so many others have said this; by God's grace you deserve the Quest award.

Congratulations Nathan!! =D